Well, it’s almost been a year that I’ve had my blog and I’ve been reflecting about whether it’s been of any use. I think it’s had a number of benefits aside from getting my ideas out there, which was the initial purpose:
- Writing and articulating ideas helps to clarify my thoughts.
- It’s meant I’ve had to keep up with my own P.D, so I have worthwhile things to blog about.
- It’s kept me accountable, as everything I write about is really open and transparent.
- I have to keep reflecting and thinking about the best way to teach and the way kids learn, so I have useful things to say.
- It’s improved my confidence in writing.
- This, along with clarifying my thoughts on the pedagogy of my class and beyond, has improved my confidence in talking to others about what I do in real life.
- It’s provided me with a place to record my ‘journey’ and allows me to look back and reflect.
- It helps visitors to my class understand what goes on in the class prior to their visit, and keep updated following the visit.
- I’ve enjoyed communicating with others via the comments on my blog.
- And I feel I have to make a nice list of ten, so I’ve also enjoyed watching number of views from around the world build too. That’s exciting.
Overall, I’d absolutely recommend it!